One of the first things I did when I got my stash of Blueberry Park was make this quilt for Robert Kaufman. I wanted to do a quilt that incorporated the whole collection. This was a tricky feat for me as I normally work in a limited colour palette and because my collection is a mahoosive 75 fabrics big (ridiculous I know!) it was a real challenge for me to design something to include them all.
I had designed the pattern a while before and started sewing some of the blocks without being wholly clear on how I was going to piece it all together. Do you do that? I do it all the time but that's because I am not a good planner. I like to see where a quilt takes me. As the process went on I had a clearer idea of where it was going and eventually it morphed into this.
It actually turned out very differently from what was originally in my head but I was really pleased with the outcome...particularly as it was my very first quilt pieced with my very first collection (she says like it's the first of many...) with Robert Kaufman.
The quilt pictured here isn't actually the one I made. This one was made by Craftsy and is almost identical to mine apart from the fun scrappy binding they stitched. I love that!
The quilt has been made into a kit and is available here from Craftsy. The kit includes all the fabrics to make the front and the binding as well as a PDF pattern to follow. The quilt could be constructed in so many different ways and if you make it I would love to see! Either tag me in on Instagram @karenlewistextiles and add a hashtag or two... #karenlewistextiles #prismaticechoesquilt #blueberryparkfabric