Wednesday 21 January 2015

magic!

Don't you just love it when you discover something really clever that is really simple?
I am quite a lazy quilter...there I have said it...in the sense that I like things to be done quickly. I'm impatient what can I say! It's probably why I like simple piecing.


I am pretty lazy when it comes to pressing too...it's time I could be sewing quite frankly. The downside to that is that it actually takes me longer to sew the pieces together in the first place as I have to align things up more carefully. The conclusion is, there is no such thing as a short cut!


However I was intrigued when I came across this link on Pinterest of Tips for Flatter Blocks.


It is brilliant!
I have never had such flat blocks!
And sewing them together was a breeze, which is no mean feat when most of them were on the bias.


Go check it out for yourself and you will be pleased you did!

And while we are at it...what are your Go To magic tips for making quilting easier? I would love to know!




2 comments:

  1. I tend to press and then put my hand over the seam until it's cool (the same as using a ruler/magazines, I suppose) and I think it makes a difference - glad I'm not imagining it!! Not sure I have any magic tips, though...will have a think!

    P.S. I love those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! Since things only get worse the more I use an iron, this idea is a keeper! (Are you a starcher?) And I don't know what you're working on in your photos above with your gorgeous fabric, but you've definitely got my attention, Karen :)

    ReplyDelete